We all know that LED lights offer many benefits for the user, but a lot of people are unaware of exactly how beneficial LED lights can be – not just for the home but also for your wallet. Purchasing LED lights takes a bit of research, especially in terms of buying the appropriate bulbs for your needs, but most people who buy LED lights choose them over regular incandescent bulbs.

While it is true that the bulbs themselves can be expensive, consider this: the average LED bulb is able to run up to 22 years without needing to be replaced. If you run the bulb continuously, it will last approximately 11 years. Think of how many incandescent bulbs you would have to buy within a 22 year period to match the solo LED bulb. The cost of the LED bulb pays for itself within the first year, when you consider the cost of electricity that you are saving as well.

Most LED lights will reduce your electricity bill since they tend to light up the room more than they heat it – a waste of electricity, so to speak – thus giving them an 80% efficiency rate. This simply means that 20% of the power goes into heating the bulb, while the other 80% simply provides lighting for the room. Compare this to incandescent bulbs which are not nearly as energy efficient as LED bulbs. Incandescent bulbs regularly waste 90% of their energy in the form of heat. Replacing your regular light bulbs with these lights will keep your room cool and pose less of a fire hazard as the bulbs tend to remain on the cool side.

The energy savings itself is why most people install various types of LED lighting in their homes – making these lights a common fixture in many homes. These come in many different shapes and sizes. You can purchase an LED lamp, or you can switch your lighting elements over to LED with the simple purchase of bulbs. The lights come in many different colors too, all of which offer the same cost-effective savings.

Since there are many bulbs on the market, you will want to do adequate research. Some bulbs are not made with the longevity of others, while some are just poorly made altogether. The best way to determine the right type of LED Lights for you is to read reviews and ask an expert for help, if necessary.

Blog Index